Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back in July I volunteered to make my best friend's graduation cupcakes. He was having a pretty big party for about 140 people. I just asked his mom to buy the stuff we would need and my friend Rachel and I set out to make a total of 170 tye-dye cupcakes. I think we spent a total of 12 hours on them. We just used boxed cake mix because it would take way too long, otherwise, but we made the icing from scratch. We needed a stiffer icing so it would hold the food colouring and it wouldn't mix together in the piping bag. I'm only sharing this here, because it's still something I'm so proud of us for pulling off!

I got the icing to be tye-dyed by just throwing different colours in different parts of the bag. No two cupcakes were identical at all and everyone raved about how beautiful and tasty they were!


just a tiny bit of what we accomplished!
not entirely in focus, but it's a pretty good view of the icing.

It's just nice to know what we're capable of sometimes, and to feel accomplished.

With love,
Staci.

No comments:

Post a Comment